The perfect way to spend a Summer’s afternoon is eating a Mango & Macadamia Ice Block! If you’re a fan of the famous Weis bars, but are looking to reduce sugar for your family, then this is the perfect recipe. Using only 4 ingredients, not only is this yummy recipe refined sugar free, it is also dairy free and gluten free!
Mangoes are a delicious summer fruit and are a fantastic source of fibre, folate, Vitamin A & Vitamin C. They taste delicious on their own, but are a match made in heaven when combined with macadamia nuts – yum! A little tip we’d love to share – We often buy mangoes when they are on special and then freeze the flesh so that we can use them for our ice blocks or in smoothies when they are out of season. Winning!
This simple recipe is a big hit with the whole family, and a very quick and easy recipe to prepare. We have just used some simple plastic moulds, however there are some fun designs out there to try. You can find some awesome ice block moulds & popsicle makers at Shop Naturally.
Mango & Macadamia Ice Blocks (just like a Weis bar!)
3 mangoes (flesh only)
1 can coconut cream/milk
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- Pour coconut cream/milk into a food processor/blender/thermomix.
- Add the flesh of 3 mangoes and whizz on med-high for 20 seconds.
- Add 1/3 cup rice malt syrup and whizz on medium for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Tip in 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts and whizz on low for 5 seconds.
- Pour mixture into ice block moulds and freeze.
- Once frozen, enjoy! (It can vary depending upon your freezer but usually takes 4-6 hours minimum).
Another recipe we love to make for a healthy treat is our Healthy Banana Bread!