When you’re having friends over for dinner, or want a delicious dessert on the weekend, these healthy, raw vegan raspberry cheesecakes are bound to tickle the tastebuds of you and your guests.
Raspberries are a good source of vitamin C (which our body needs for growth and the repair of tissues) and contain vitamins E, K, dietary fibre and folate too. So adding some raspberries into your weekly healthy eating plan has more benefits than just how yummy they are ? Raspberries are the perfect ingredient for a healthy raw cheesecake, and really bring out the flavour of this delicious recipe.
Raw vegan raspberry cheesecakes that don’t need baking
These yummy raspberry cheesecakes don’t require any baking and are perfect after about 2-4 hours in the freezer. Get them ready at lunchtime, and they will be perfect for your dinner party, or with a cuppa at an afternoon tea.
The healthy vegan raspberry cheesecake recipe below makes 12 little cheesecakes, that work perfectly in silicone cupcake moulds.
Healthy raw vegan raspberry cheesecakes
Raw raspberry cheesecake ingredients
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 2 hours)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- Using a food processor (or thermomix) blend the pecans, almonds, dates, coconut oil together on high for 10-20 seconds. Open lid and scrape down the sides. You should now have a nice sticky dough to use for the base of each of your cheesecakes.
- Use 12 silicone cupcake moulds and place a spoonful (or two) of mixture into each mould. The base will be about 0.5cm thick. Place into the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Blend together the coconut milk, cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of raspberries into food processor and blend on high for 10-20 seconds, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour half the mixture into a separate bowl.
- Using the remaining mixture in the food processor, add 3/4 cup raspberries on medium speed for 10 seconds, until blended well.
- Take the cupcake moulds from the fridge and add spoonfuls of the first (lighter pink) filling into each mould (leaving room for the next layer).
- Now add spoonfuls of the darker pink filling to each cupcake mould.
- Place in freezer for 2-4 hours, then serve and enjoy!
- Please store cheesecakes in the freezer, and remove 5 minutes before eating them to allow them to soften slightly.
- I love serving each cheesecake with a fresh raspberry on top – yumm!
If you enjoyed these healthy raspberry vegan cheesecakes, then we think you will love our Healthy Bounty Bites!