Having health snacks on hand is one of the biggest issues that many people face. You want something that is still yummy, but feels like a treat too. We also happen to be big fans of peanut butter and made these due to popular request! There are a lot of peanut butter fans out there 😉These Healthy Peanut Butter LCM Bars are also refined sugar free, so not only do they taste amazing, they aren’t laden with processed sugar and other nasty additives.
For those who may not like peanut butter, or may have nut allergies, we also have a Nut Free LCM Bar recipe, which is great for school lunchboxes, with many schools now having a nut-free policy.
These Healthy Peanut Butter LCM Bars are also versatile, so you can easily swap out the peanut butter for almond or cashew butter, or another favourite! Made using only 4 ingredients, they are quick, simple & delicious – big ticks of approval in our house!
Healthy Peanut Butter LCM Bars – Refined Sugar Free
3 cups puffed rice
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (we love Mayver’s)
1/3 cup honey (or 1/2 cup rice malt syrup)
- Start by pouring 3 cups of puffed rice into large mixing bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup of coconut to puffed rice, and stir through.
- Pour 1/2 cup peanut & 1/3 cup honey into saucepan and mix together on a low-medium heat. Mix until both ingredients are combined and you have what resembles delicious caramel.
- Pour the caramel mixture into mixing bowl and fold through the puffed rice & coconut mixture (you may need to combine with your hands!)
- Line a 20 x 10cm baking tray with baking paper. Pour the mixture into the baking tray, and press down – ensuring you evenly spread the mixture.
- Place into refrigerator to set for at least 30-60 mins.
- Remove from your fridge, place on cutting board and cut into desired size ‘bars’. Enjoy!!
(Note: They are best stored in the freezer or fridge. Simply take them out just before eating – they taste delicious and are best enjoyed cold! If kept in the cupboard, the peanut butter will turn more ‘liquid’ and the bars will fall apart 😉)
If you liked this recipe, then check out our Nut Free LCM Bars – perfect for the school lunchbox and those with nut allergies.
Melissa Dickfos, is the Founder at Nourishing Your World, a coffee lover, mum of two children, advocate of making small steps towards healthy living and loves to laugh!