If you are a lover of coconut, then you can’t go past our delicious & healthy coconut macaroons! They are such a simple recipe, using only 3 ingredients – so perfect for any level of cooking experience.
These healthy coconut macaroons are not to be confused with the glossy ‘macarons’ which are super popular in cafes. They are 2 very different recipes!
We love coconut, and with it being the main ingredient in these macaroons, it is one of our favourites. Not only is it quick and easy to make… they definitely satisfy when we have a little sugar craving – yet have no refined sugar!
We love baking these on a weekend morning and enjoying with a cuppa ☕ They are also great for kids lunchboxes, or even an after dinner treat!
Healthy Coconut Macaroons
3 cups dessiccated coconut
3 egg whites
1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the rice malt syrup and continue to whisk through. It will turn a little like meringue.
- Slowly add the coconut, folding it through the meringue mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, gently mould into half ball shapes.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
Makes approx 14 macaroons.
If you like these yummy macaroons and are looking for another healthy snack, then we think you will love our our Healthy Bounty Bites!