We are always looking for different foods to assist in improving gut health and these healthy gummies are perfect for just that! One of the main ingredients is the gelatin, and it is important to note that not all gelatin is created equal. There are some much better brands out there, and the Changing Habits Organic gelatin and the Great Lakes gelatin are both great choices.
Gelatin has many amazing healing properties and due to it’s natural source of amino acids, it assists with improving hair, skin and nails, whilst also helping with gut health and digestion issues. We have also chosen to include organic probiotics in this recipe, due to the added gut health benefits they provide. They can help to improve digestion, build a stronger immune system and lead to a much healthier bowel and happier tummy!
Healthy Chocolate Probiotic Gummies
1 cup coconut cream/milk
2 tbsp gelatin (we use Changing Habits Organic Gelatin)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cacao
1 tsp probiotic powder (we use Changing Habits Organic Probiotic Powder)
- Pour the coconut cream/milk into a small saucepan and stir on a low to medium heat.
- Once the coconut cream is nice and smooth, add one tablespoon of the gelatin into the mixture at a time, whisking to ensure all gelatin has nicely dissolved. Repeat until all gelatin has been added.
- Add the one tablespoon of honey to the mixture and whisk until combined well.
- Add the cacao until it has dissolved well and all ingredients are combined.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once mixture has cooled down, add the teaspoon of probiotics to the mixture and whisk until combined well.
- Pour the mixture into small moulds, like the ones pictured above (we have used hearts, Lego bricks & Lego men, for a little bit of fun!)
- Place into the fridge for at least half an hour, until the gelatin has set.
- Once set, remove from fridge and gently push each gummie out of the moulds.
The gummies will last for up to 2 weeks kept in an airtight container in the fridge. We hope you enjoy!
(Note: If you would like a slightly sweeter gummie, then you could choose to add a little more honey. The ‘spots’ in the photos above are from the probiotics, which you could choose to leave out of the recipe if you don’t have any or would prefer to not include).