An old staple in lunch boxes all around the world is the humble Chocolate Chip muesli bar! Whilst they may have lots of good ingredients, there are many less than desirable ingredients and additives included in most muesli bars found at your local supermarket. We haven’t purchased muesli bars for a long time, so we decided we would create our own recipe! The result is some healthy chocolate chip muesli bars that are good for you! Whilst they do still have some chocolate chips and honey – there are no other nasty additives or colours, which in our books is a big tick of approval.
The best thing about these healthy chocolate chip muesli bars is that not only are they delicious, they are also full of lots of goodness and don’t require any baking! That’s a win-win in our house! So get some ready for this week’s school lunchboxes, or if you’re like me and are still quite partial to a muesli bar – pop one in your work lunch box too!
Healthy Chocolate Chip muesli bars that are good for you!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup honey or rice malt syrup
- Line a tray (approx 20cm x 30cm) with baking paper.
- Combine melted coconut oil & honey (or rice malt syrup) in a medium bowl until mixed well.
- Add oats, coconut, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour mixture into baking tray, and press down well with back of spatula.
- Place into the fridge for 1-2 hours minimum (to allow the coconut oil to solidify).
- Remove from fridge and slice into 10-12 bars.
- Store in fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Makes approx 10-12 muesli bars.
Check out our delicious nutty muesli bars too!