Looking for a delicious treat for the whole family? These yummy chocolate and coconut bites are a healthy version of the classic chocolate bar!
4 cups dessicated coconut
1 can (400mL) coconut cream
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup cacao butter wafers (melted) or 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp cacao powder
(As an alternative to the above, you could simply use organic dark chocolate – 70% or more)
- 1. To make the coconut filling, place the dessicated coconut into a large mixing bowl. Next, combine the maple syrup & coconut cream in a small saucepan and over a low heat mix until combined. Remove saucepan from the stovetop and pour into the mixing bowl with the coconut. Combine well.
2. Line a slice tray with baking paper and press the coconut mixture into the pan so that it is about 2cm thick. Place into the freezer for approx 20-30 mins, or until filling has set.
3. Once set, remove from the freezer and cut the coconut filling into smaller ‘bite-sized’ pieces (or size as desired). Return to freezer whilst preparing the chocolate coating.
4. For the chocolate coating, ensure that the cacao wafers or coconut oil is melted. Then combine the cacao liquid/coconut oil, together with the cacao powder and maple syrup and place into a blender to mix well. Whizz for 20-30 seconds on medium speed, scraping down the sides to ensure ingredients are combined well. Pour chocolate into small bowl.
5. Remove the coconut bites from the freezer and dip each piece into the chocolate mixture. Place onto a tray lined with baking paper and freeze until set.