Finding healthy lunchbox snacks that are nut free can be hard work! We have put a few twists on the classic, to make these yummy gluten free chocolate chip cookies. They are nut free (so perfect for school lunchboxes), and there is also an option to make them dairy free to help those out with other allergies.
Healthy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup coconut flour
120g butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or sweetner of your choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees & line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter (or coconut oil if using the dairy free option).
- Pour in melted butter to mixing bowl and then add 1/2 cup of rice malt syrup and combine.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a separate bowl and then add to butter & rice malt syrup and mix together.
- Add 1 cup coconut flour and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to mixture and combine until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and gently combine.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into small balls and place onto baking tray. Should make approx 30 cookies (depending upon size of balls). Lightly press down each ball with a fork. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes. When finished, remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
If you liked this recipe, then another favourite of ours are the Gluten Free Brownies – yumm!!
Melissa Dickfos, is the Founder at Nourishing Your World, a coffee lover, mum of two children, advocate of making small steps towards healthy living and loves to laugh!