These delicious healthy gluten free brownies are the perfect healthy snack for busy families. Nut & dairy free so perfect for those with allergies or if you are following a gluten free diet.
These healthy brownies contain no refined sugar, and simply use the natural sweetness of honey!
Healthy Gluten Free Brownies
3 eggs (whisked)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey (or your preferred natural sweetener)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cacao
3 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups of mashed sweet potato (equates to approx one medium size raw sweet potato)
1. Turn on oven to 180 degrees to pre-heat, and line a slice tin (20x30cm) with baking paper. (Using a smaller tin will result in a thicker brownie – so personal preference).
2. Peel sweet potato, dice into small chunks and steam on stove top . Once steamed, mash until it resembles a smooth consistency.
3. Place the mashed sweet potato, whisked eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract into a bowl and stir well until combined.
4. Now add the cacao, baking powder and coconut flour and combine until all ingredients are mixed in well.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 mins.
The end result is delicious and a great treat for school lunches (and work lunches too!) – if they last that long……