We were delighted to take part in the My Kitchen Rules 10th Anniversary show, by joining in from home. Developing our own creations is one of the things we love to do. Recipe creation is lots of trial and error to get the right flavour, consistency, serving size and the list goes on. But the joy and feeling of satisfaction when you get it right is hard to beat. So when we saw that Stacey and Ash plated up a yummy Chocolate Avocado Mousse for dessert, we knew we had to re-create the recipe and add our own Nourishing Your World spin on it.
So we have kept it simple and made a couple of simple swaps. If you love chocolate mousse and have been wanting to try a healthier version, then we think you will love our Healthy Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe.
Healthy chocolate avocado mousse recipe
Find the original recipe here.
Healthy chocolate avocado mousse ingredients
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp cocoa (or cacao)
- 80ml coconut milk
- 60ml maple syrup
- 150g dark chocolate, melted (we love Green & Blacks Organic 70%)
Directions to make chocolate avocado mousse
- Melt chocolate.
- Cut avocados and scoop out flesh.
- Place avocado flesh, cocoa, coconut milk and maple syrup into a blender (or thermomix) and blend on medium for 10-15 seconds or until smooth.
- Scrape down sides, then add melted chocolate and blend to combine.
- Spoon mixture into small ramekins or bowls.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or longer, as required.
- Enjoy your chocolate avocado mousse!
Makes 4 servings.