Easy Family Dinner instead of Take Away
When it comes to Friday night or the weekend, we all like to find a simple, easy dinner option! Fried rice is a favourite in our house, and adding a bit of chicken to it makes the recipe go even further! This great Chicken Fried Rice recipe is quick, easy, delicious & sure to be a winner with your family too!
2 cloves garlic
2-3 bacon rashers
1 cup frozen peas
6 cups cooked rice (equivalent to 2 cups rice uncooked)
2 tbsp oyster sauce or soy sauce
2 chicken breasts
- Finely chop garlic & onion. Add to frypan on med-high heat, along with a dab of butter.
- Sautee the onion & garlic, then add in diced bacon pieces.
- Dice or grate carrot, then add to onion, garlic & bacon mixture.
- Dice chicken breast & cook in separate frypan.
- Add 1 cup frozen peas to frypan and stir through.
- Add the cooked rice to ingredients in frypan and mix together well.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce or soy sauce to rice mixture and stir through.
- Once chicken is cooked, add to the rice mixture and mix well.
Another great recipe you might like to try for a cheeky dessert or snack are our Coconut Caramel Bliss Balls – yumm!