Are you looking for an easy gluten free ANZAC biscuits recipe?
Most ANZAC biscuit recipes contain rolled oats, which are not suitable for many people who follow a gluten free diet.
These yummy gluten free biscuits are made using quinoa flakes, and are also nut free and dairy free, making them perfect for school lunches and catering for anyone with allergies.
Gluten Free ANZAC Biscuits Recipe
Makes approximately 20 small cookies
Directions to make Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp water
1. Turn on oven to 180 deg to pre-heat, and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the dry ingredients – the coconut and quinoa flakes in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour the coconut oil, maple syrup & water into a saucepan and on a low heat mix together (until coconut oil is melted in the cooler months, or until combined). Once combined, turn up the heat to medium-high and tip in the 1 teaspoon of baking powder, stirring until it makes a lovely bubbly, frothy mixture.
4. Remove saucepan from the stove and pour the warm ingredients into the mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together with a wooden spoon until combined well. Leave to cool slightly.
5. Roll mixture into small balls and place on lined baking tray. Recipe makes approx 20 biscuits. Press down gently with a fork and bake for approx 12-15 mins.
6. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
When rolling balls into biscuits, the mixture may be a little crumbly. If you can’t get your mixture to stick together, then you may need to add a little extra water to the mix.